Nautilus Patch Contest
From the National Geographic
The 2012 Nautilus Patch Contest begins March 8, 2012 and ends May 7, 2012. Entries must be postmarked by May 7, 2012 and received by May 16, 2012. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
WHO MAY ENTER
Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are six to fourteen (6–14) years of age as of 3/8/2012.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, click here to download an entry form. Complete the form with your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and parent’s or legal guardian’s signature.
Mail your completed entry form, Nautilus Patch Design, and Essay to: Nautilus Patch Design Contest, National Geographic Digital Media - Kids, M-4430, 1145 17th St., NW, Washington, DC 20036. Entry form must be complete for entry to be valid.
Entry must comply with the following requirements (“Entry Requirements”):
● Create a design for an 8-inch diameter circular patch on plain paper (your “Patch Design”). The Patch Design must include the words “NAUTILUS” and “2012” and represent ocean exploration.
● Write an essay, not exceeding 300 words in length describing where you would want to explore and why (the “Essay”).
● The Patch Design and Essay must each be a single work of original material created by the contest entrant. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as entrant’s original creation.
Limit one entry per person.
One (1) Prize Winner will be selected. The Prize consists of the following: National Geographic will create a patch using the winning Patch Design. Winner will also receive a patch bearing his/her Patch Design, as well as select National Geographic books and DVDs determined at Sponsor’s discretion. Retail value ("ARV") of the Prize is $100.
1) Genuine artistic ability demonstrated in the Patch Design: 30%
2) Extent to which Patch Design and Essay convey the themes of ocean exploration: 30%
3) Genuine creativity demonstrated in Patch Design: 40%
The Judges will select a Winner based on the Judging Criteria. Winner will be notified by mail on or around May 30, 2012 and will be deemed a Winner subject to verification of eligibility and execution of an Affidavit of Eligibility, License and Liability Release.