High School Student Art Contest
The Rotary Club of Otorohanga, New Zealand
From the website:
The 2011 - 2012 Art Contest
Entries opened 4th May 2011 and will close 31st January 2012
The Winners will be announced May 2012
The Contest Rules are:
* All entries will be made via our web site
* Entries will close 31st January 2012
* The art work must be the student's own unaided originalwork.
* The subject is of the artist's choice
* Art work is to be two dimensional in any usual art medium
* Dimensions should be within 500mm x 400mm
* The student's birthdate must be on or after 31 January 1994
* Computer aided art is acceptable - definition must be sufficient for enlargement to A3 size (420mm x 297mm) but not more than 500kB
* Generally students are expected to be studying at High School level Y9 to Y13
* An entry fee of US$10 will be payable via our web site using Visa, MasterCard or PayPal
* Student entries need to be submitted under the auspices of their parent/guardian, school, art club or Rotary Club
* Ideally, we would like students to enter the contest with the support of their nearest Rotary Club
* After registration and payment of the entry fee, a digital image of the original art work may then be uploaded to our web site
* After the closing date a panel of 5 judges will view every entry
* A short list of finalists will be selected and the students will be required to airmail their original art work to New Zealand for final judging
* There will be two divisions
(a) Students resident in New Zealand
(b) Students living anywhere-else in the world
* There will be a cash award of NZ$1000 to the school of each first place artist
* The winner of section (a) will be awarded NZ$1000 plus an all expenses 21 day trip to the United States of America as guest of Rotary Clubs in the US.
* The winner of section (b) will be awarded NZ$1000 and a fully funded trip to New Zealand for a three week educational holiday as a guest of the Rotary Clubs of Rotary District 9930 (Central North Island).
* There will be second and third place cash prizes of NZ$500 and $250 in each division.
* Work called to the final judging will go on sale at an exhibition with the sale proceeds of each work going to the artist, less 25% commission.
* Unsold work will not be returned except at the artist's expense, these works will be donated to children's hospitals for display.