Unforgettable Christmas Art Contest!
Children's Art Contest from
CALLING ON ALL ASPIRING YOUNG ARTISTS! HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO HAVE YOUR ARTWORK RECOGNIZED AND PUBLISHED!
We are happy to announce our children's art contest – “Folk Tales Illustrations". Children of all ages up to and including 15 are eligible to participate. The winning artworks will be included in our book “Russian Winter Folk Tales”. There are 20 folk tales in the collection and each participant will receive 1 folk tale selected randomly to read and illustrate.
There will be 1 finalist selected in each of 20 categories (20 folk tales)* and those artworks will be published in the “Russian Winter Folk Tales” book. Each finalist will receive a FREE copy of the book. Among those 20 finalists we will then choose 3 winners who will receive additional prizes as follows:
1st Place – 50 USD Amazon gift card
2nd Place – 40 USD Amazon gift card
3d Place – 30 USD Amazon gift card
The names of the creators of each illustration chosen as a finalist will be published in the “Russian Winter Folk Tales” book and on our Unforgettable Christmas website unless the author(s) decide to remain anonymous.
1. If you would like to participate, please, send us an e-mail through the “Contact us” form on our “Contact us” Contact Us page with your name, e-mail address, city/state where you are from and date of birth (we need to make sure that participants are indeed 15 years of age or younger)
2. Within 48 hours you will receive a randomly selected folk tale to illustrate via e-mail.
3. Use only good quality WHITE paper, size 8 x 11 inches. The artwork should be done in color (not black & white) using your choice of art supplies: paints, markers, crayons, etc. The layout of the artwork should be PORTRAIT, not landscape.
4. Scan your completed design at 300 dpi and save in .jpg format, at the highest quality. If you don’t have a scanner at home, you can use FedEx Office (formerly “Kinko’s”) facilities near you – the customer service people in the store will do the scanning for you on professional equipment and you will get a good quality scanned image for just a couple of dollars. If you absolutely do not have access to a scanner where you live, please, e-mail us and we will try to work it out so that you mail the original to us and we will scan it ourselves.
5. You may submit more than 1 entry for the folk tale you will receive but only 1 artwork per author may be chosen as a finalist.
6. By sending me your artwork you agree that if you become one of the finalists, you relinquish complete ownership and copyright of your artwork to Tatiana Sorokina. You agree not to claim any royalties on this or any other book published by Tatiana Sorokina.
7. The deadline to submit your art work is November 30, 2010
8. Prizes will be based on existing submissions. If there are not enough entries and if the standards are not high enough we reserve the right to extend the submission deadline. If after the deadline extension we still will not have enough entries of a good quality we reserve the right to choose less than 20 finalists. We will not publish more than 20 finalists’ entries.
9. Finalists will be chosen within 30 days of the submission deadline and will be announced on our website. The top 3 winners will receive their gift cards immediately thereafter.
10. All finalists can expect to receive their FREE copy of “Russian Winter Folk Tales” book as soon as it is published, which should take place within 6 months after the names of the finalists are announced.
11. You agree not to reproduce the content of the story you will receive for illustration without the author's permission since it is copyright material.
12. Cost to enter: FREE.
1. I would like to work on the illustration with my sister, can I do so?
Yes, the illustration can be a team effort if all the team members are 15 or younger. However, the prize will be awarded per illustration, not per team member. If your artwork wins, for instance, 2nd Prize you will receive ONE book and ONE gift card.
2. Can I use an image from a coloring book that I will color myself and send it as illustration?
No, an image from the coloring book is a copyrighted material. It has to be YOUR original image.
3. I do not live in the U.S., it will be difficult for me to use American Amazon gift card if I am a winner. Can I get a different gift card?
If a winner resides outside the U.S. we will work on each case individually. For instance, we can send you an Amazon.co.uk card in GB pounds (equivalent to 50 USD in value if you are a 1st Place winner) if you live in UK. If you reside in a country with no easy Amazon access we can send you a gift card from a retailer of your choice, which SELLS BOOKS among other things. It means, we will not send you a gift card from a retailer who sells just video games or jewelry.
4. How will I know if I am a finalist/winner?
All finalists and winners will be contacted by e-mail as well as the names of all finalists and winners will be published on this page of our website
5. How can a 6-year old compete with a 15-year old?
Younger kids will be given shorter and easier stories to illustrate, where the main characters are, for instance, trees, birds, farm animals, etc. Older kids will receive more complex stories, which will require them to use imagination as well as art skills.